- Ensure you know what position you are applying for and understand the requirements for the position.
- Remember to find out the name of the person you are meeting for an interview and confirm the location of the interview.
- Try to be as flexible as possible which regards to the time and location of the interview.
- Plan enough time to get to the interview on time but don’t arrive too early.
- Dress appropriately. Truworths is not a very formal environment and it is not necessary to wear a suit, however it is also inappropriate to be very casual. Remember first impression last!
- Do your research! Truworths website contains a wealth of information about Truworths brands and “sub-brands”, annual financial reports, services offered.
- Be constructive when asking questions – remember that an interview is also the opportunity for you to assess if the company is the right place for you.
- Reflect on your previous experience and use examples of real situations that you have been in to illustrate your competence
- If you are applying for Store Management have you visited the store you have applied for?
- Visit some Truworths, Uzzi, Identity and YDE stores. Regardless of the position you are applying for the end point will be in store, where the business makes its money!
- Don't swear, argue or be personal in an interview.
- Don't criticise past employers.